Holy Family provides Medicare-certified home health care and private duty services focused on individual well-being. We provide staff with a knack for knowing when to listen and how to help. Home health care offers personal assistance in the privacy and comfort of your own home. Skillful care coordinators extend the work of our Ministries, matching your needs with the right resources.
Who Needs Home Health Care?
Generally, home health care is appropriate for those who prefer to stay at home but need ongoing care that cannot easily or effectively be provided solely by family and friends. Home care is a health care option allowing persons with acute, chronic or debilitating health problems to remain in their homes as opposed to short-term and long-term hospital or nursing home stays.
If any of the following situations apply to you or a loved one, you may benefit from Holy Family’s home health care services:
- Recent discharge from hospital or extended care facility
- Multiple diagnoses or medical complications
- High-risk disorders
- Frequent hospitalizations or emergency room visits
- Acute episode of chronic illnesses
- Multiple medications requiring instructions/monitoring
- Pain management
- Ongoing management of indwelling catheters
- Wound care
- New diagnosis requiring instruction
- Frequent falls
Conditions to Qualify for Home Care
- Your doctor must decide that you need medical care at home and make a plan for your care at home.
- You must need intermittent skilled nursing care, physical therapy, speech-language therapy, or to continue occupational therapy.
- The home care agency caring for you must be approved by the Medicare program (Medicare-certified). Holy Family Home Health Care is Medicare certified.
- You must be home bound, or normally unable to leave home without help. To be home bound means that leaving home takes considerable and taxing effort. You can be home bound and still leave home for medical treatment or short, infrequent absences for non-medical reasons, such as trips to a barber or church.
Your personalized care plan will be tailored to your individual needs and your physician’s requirements. Services are offered to adults 21 years old or older, wherever you call home…we can come to you!
- Skilled Nursing Care – Licensed RNs and LPNs
- Physical Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Speech Therapy
- Wound Care and Dressing Changes
- Medication Management
- Personal Care
- State Tested Nursing Aides
- Certified Home Health Aides
- Medical Social Worker
- Pastoral Care
Call us at 216.939.7628 for more information!
Holy Family Home Health Care is a Medicaid-certified agency that accepts Medicare, Medicare HMO’s, Medicaid, VA benefits, and most insurance providers.