Tel: 216.634.7400
Tel: 216.634.7400

Financial Assistance Programs

Did you know there are programs available to help qualifying participants pay for assisted living?

The Ohio Assisted Living Medicaid Waiver* Program

This program is a statewide, government-funded program that allows eligible individuals to reside in and receive services from a licensed Assisted Living facility. A case manager works with the consumer and the facility to develop and maintain a care plan that fits the individual and meets each of their needs.

Residents can enter already enrolled in the program or convert to the program during their spend-down period. There is no private pay time frame required.

This program is accepted on all apartments at the Towers Assisted Living and in all of the Independent and Assisted Living apartments at Emerald Village.

*The Assisted Living Medicaid waiver is a separate benefit from the standard Medicaid benefit and is offered to individuals who qualify.

For additional information on the Assisted Living Waiver Program, contact:

  • The Western Reserve Area Agency on Aging 925 Euclid Avenue, Suite 600
    Cleveland, OH 44115
    (216) 621-0303
  • Lori Novy, Emerald Village Senior Living (440)777-9300
  • Debra Gibbs, the Towers Assisted Living (216)634-7444


Veterans Aid and Attendance Benefit

armed services

The Veterans’ Administration offers a Special Pension with Aid and Attendance (A&A) benefit that is largely unknown. This Special Pension allows for eligible Veterans and surviving spouses

A Veteran may be eligible for up to $1,554 per month, while a surviving spouse is eligible for up to $998 per month. A couple may be eligible for up to $1,842 per month*. Increase each year for cost of living.

Qualifications include:

  • Veterans must have served 1 day during an active war and had no less than a 90 day service.
  • Surviving spouses must have been married to the veteran when they passed to receive the benefit.
  • You must have a doctors order certifying you need daily assistance.
  • You must have received an honorable discharge or general discharge.
  • You can choose where you want to live as long as it is a licensed facility

Please call us for more information, or contact the VA directly at 800-827-1000.