St. Augustine Health Ministries is a non-profit, faith-based provider of health care and community services primarily to the chronically ill and aging of the community. St. Augustine serves over 1,000 individuals each day through a variety of programs and services including skilled nursing and long-term care; home health care, hospice, independent and assisted living, home delivered meals and an early learning center. We are seeking a dynamic, enthusiastic, caring individual for our Volunteer and Community Engagement position. This position will engage a robust volunteer corps to help improve the programs and services. You will strategize and facilitate programs and partnerships that engage and cultivate strong volunteer stakeholders through meaningful interactions that foster pride, advocacy and private support for St. Augustine Health Ministries.
The Volunteer &Community Engagement Coordinator is responsible for advancing the Mission by engaging the greater community on behalf of St. Augustine Health Ministries. This critical role helps to expand St. Augustine’s reach in the community by engaging with clients, supporters, volunteers and community partners/organizations. As part of the Advancement team, this position coordinates all aspects of our volunteer program – developing, recruiting, coordinating, engaging and cultivating volunteers for our hospice, senior living and early learning center. This person will help increase the awareness and visibility of St. Augustine Health Ministries among the public, donors, and volunteers through strategic execution of marketing plans, fundraising efforts and will creatively coordinate outbound communications to multiple audiences including digital newsletters, website blogs, and social media.
Key Skill Requirements
- College degree in communications, marketing, or related discipline or experience
- Event planning, volunteer coordination and/or project management experience (required)
- Social media experience (preferred)
- Willing to work flexible hours and occasional weekends/evenings for planned activities, trainings and events
- Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience working with WordPress
- Design skills and experience using Adobe Create Suite – InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator preferred but not required.
- Experience in photography and/or videography is a plus
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.Apply for this job or return to the Careers page