Assumes administrative authority, responsibility and accountability to maintain the facility physical plant and essential mechanical, electrical and resident care equipment in safe operating condition. Manages employees in provision of maintenance services that protect the health and safety of residents, personnel and the public and provided are consistent with Life Safety Code of the National Fire Protection Association and with all state and federal laws and regulations. In collaboration with the Nursing Home Administrator, allocates resources in an efficient and economic manner to provide services and to continuously improve quality.
- Direct the day-to-day functions of the Maintenance Staff in accordance with current regulations, rules and guidelines that govern the long-term care facility.
- Completes preventative maintenance on equipment as required, keeps accurate record keeping
- Responds in a timely manner to maintenance requests by other staff members or residents and their families for needed repair in their rooms or other locations of the building.
- Performs testing or when appropriate contracts testing of facility maintenance equipment or, including fire alarms, smoke detectors, exit door alarms and exit lighting, nurse call system and emergency generator.
- Available to take call and report to work for emergency situations during off hours.
- Provides training upon orientation and throughout the year on General Safety, Life Safety and Fire Safety. Conducts all Emergency Management drills in accordance with State and Federal guidelines.
- Ability to manage a million-dollar Maintenance Services budgets.
- Assures facilities grounds are maintained to include snow removal and applying salt to assure safety on walkways.
- Under the supervision of the Administrator, manages the Life Safety and Environment portion of survey and interacts professionally with surveyors during inspection process.
- Ensure Resident rooms are ready for new admissions.
- Acts calmly and efficiently in handling emergency situations.
- Attends and participates productively at staff meetings, and in-services.
- Addresses resident and family concerns.
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Supervising Experience: 3 years (Required)
- Maintenance: 3 years (Required)
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.Apply for this job or return to the Careers page