- Assess for and identify cognitive impairments, mood problems, behavioral problems, and other psycho-social needs for residents, collaborate with interdisciplinary care team members, and complete follow up as needed.
- Encourage residents/responsible parties to participate in the development of their care plan and invite them to care plan meetings accordingly.
- Review Advanced Directives and help residents and families to keep advance directives current.
- Accurately and completely document social service actions and interactions in each resident’s medical record, and ensure that legal, ethical, and professional standards of social work practice and being upheld in written recordings.
- Facilitate residents’ safe transition back into the community through interdisciplinary discharge planning and arrangement of community-based services as needed.
- Be familiar with and help to advocate for residents’ rights.
- Report any allegations of abuse, neglect, misappropriation of property, exploitation, or mistreatment of residents to supervisor and/or administrator and cooperate with all investigations as needed.
- Complete all assigned training and skills competency.
- Act as a liaison to help arrange needed ancillary services for residents as needed.
- Submits and tracks Preadmission Screening and Resident Review (PASRR) documentation in the Healthcare Electronic Notification System (HENS) in a timely manner to meet state requirements.
- The social worker will complete Levels of Care (LOC) for residents as needed in a timely manner to meet state requirements.
- Performs administrative requirements, such as completing assigned reports, and submit them to the Social Services Director as required.
- Assist residents to make arrangements to obtain items such as clothing and personal care supplies as needed.
- Perform and all other duties as assigned.
The Social Worker is required to have a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Social Work and a current Social Worker license in good standing. A minimum of 1 year of experience required, preferably in a skilled nursing and rehab center. Knowledge/Experience with Minimum Data Set (MDS) assessment preferred. Other comparable healthcare experiences will also be considered.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.Apply for this job or return to the Careers page