Getting home is your goal… Getting you there is our mission
Short-term rehabilitation services from St. Augustine Health Campus mean whole-person focused care. After hospitalization for major surgery, significant injury or emergency trauma, you’ll find our short-term post-acute care speeds your body’s recovery. We are focused on restoring patients to health and expertly bridging the gap from hospital to home in as short a time as possible without compromising on quality of care and safety of our patients. As you heal, our staff actively encourage your return to strength. From the moment you arrive, our focus is on getting you home!
St. Augustine Health Campus’s reputation for outstanding patient outcomes and high accreditation’s is recognized with all the major hospitals in the Cleveland area. Our experienced team of professionals work with you and your doctor to create an individualized program specifically designed for you. Our program combines exceptional nursing care with highly skilled physical, occupational and speech therapies, state-of-the-art technology and special programs to help re-establish the functional, physical, cognitive and behavioral skills required to live as independently as possible.
St. Augustine provides a broad range of services
- Knee & hip replacements
- Stroke / cerebral vascular accidents
- Heart attack, congestive heart failure and other cardiopulmonary concerns
- Pain due to osteoarthritis, contractures, post surgery
- Contracture management and prevention
- Neuromuscular disorders such as MS and Parkinson’s Disease
- Fall prevention
- Spinal cord and head injury
- Wound care
- Chronic respiratory diseases
- Complex medical conditions
- Diabetes and related issues
A major factor in the success of our rehabilitation program is the professional commitment of our in-house therapists, overseen by our two full-time physical therapists, two speech pathologists and an occupational therapist. While other facilities rely upon contract therapists, our rehabilitation program is comprised of dedicated, experienced employees who are focused on our mission and our patients. The use of in-house staff strengthens continuity of care and supports our team approach for our patients’ rehabilitation.
Short-term rehabilitation amenities:
- Dedicated rehab floor with private and semi private rooms
- Therapy services available 7 days a week
- Nutritious meals served in the dining room or in our full service cafeteria
- Telephone access and flat-screen TV in each room
- Complimentary Wi-Fi access
- Private dining room for patient and family gatherings
- Family rooms with Lake Erie and skyline views
- A plethora of Campus amenities
You have a choice
When your doctor orders rehabilitation services, you can request where you receive them. At St. Augustine Health Campus, you will receive receive tailored therapy and personal care for a shorter stay and a better outcome.
- Physical Therapy concentrates on improving motor control, strength, flexibility, mobility, balance, coordination and functional endurance. Therapists use skilled techniques to improve walking, stair climbing, and overall mobility skills and assess the need for specialized equipment and assistive devices that may be required to improve self-reliance and safety.
- Occupational Therapy addresses fine motor skills and performance of activities of daily living (ADLs). In the case where a person has lost the ability to perform an activity due to a specific injury or condition of their hands or arms, therapists can fabricate splints, prescribe an exercise program, as well as perform a variety of hands-on treatment to improve function, reduce pain and increase independence.
- Speech Therapy addresses speech and language skills, as well as swallowing and cognition concerns. The speech therapist can perform studies to identify swallowing problems and in turn can improve swallowing and adapt the diet for swallowing safety. Speech therapists may also help improve memory and orientation to ones environment as well as help with higher level cognitive skills, such as medication management.