Choosing a child care center that will nurture your child from infancy through pre-school may be one of the most important decisions you make. The St. Augustine Child Enrichment Center, a five-star early learning and childcare center located on the St. Augustine Health Campus, provides a safe, loving, and nurturing atmosphere where children can learn, grow and develop. Located on the St. Augustine Health Campus and just minutes from downtown Cleveland, the Child Enrichment Center is licensed by the State of Ohio to serve infants beginning at 6 weeks through pre-school. A school-age program for children (5-12 years) is also available during the summer months.
Our focus supports school readiness through:
- intergenerational activities
- early language and literacy growth
- development of early math skills,
- cognitive skills,
- and social-emotional readiness, referred to as “resilience”
In today’s world, resilience, the ability for a child to bounce back and help them adjust and overcome life’s ups and downs, is so important. Our staff, children and parents work on three areas of resilience: Initiative (decision making and problem solving), Self Control (experiencing a range of emotions but doing so in an appropriate manner) and Attachment (helping children develop strong, healthy relationships)
Our not-for-profit philosophy is designed to give children, at each stage of development, a beginning foundation of success and to promote love of learning while encouraging parents’ self-sufficiency. We bring our commitment and innovation to education.
In an environment that nurtures self-esteem and fosters respect for diversity, our highly trained and caring staff help develop each child to their fullest potential developmentally, physically, emotionaly, socially and cognitively with an emphasis on self-reliance skills.
With smaller class sizes and low child/teacher ratios, the Child Enrichment Center is able to create a nurturing environment that allows children to be problem-solvers, independent explorers and creative thinkers.
- Breakfast, lunch, afternoon snack
- Scheduled rest period in the afternoon for all age groups
- Educate children on healthy eating and hygiene habits
- Development screenings track progress of each child
- Fully equipped early childhood classrooms that align with State standards and guidelines
- Creative curriculum that supports Ohio Early Content Standards
- Small classroom size / low student teacher ratios
- Qualified, experienced staff trained to educate and develop your child
- Inter-generational programs with St. Augustine Campus residents
- Serves children with disabilities
- Secure on-site outdoor playground